Saturday 3 September 2016

Day 133 - Autumn Arrives

Mile 2344.5 to Mile 2364.7 - 20.2 miles

1st September & instantaneously we have autumn. We awoke to low cloud & misty rain meaning a tardy start to proceedings. The cabin verandah proved a smart choice by the sounds of the grumblings from my fellow hikers
The view from my spot spoke volumes
So most of the day was spent in low cloud with a reprieve around noon only for the rain to set in at about 2.00 pm. I arrived at camp at 6.00 pm & luckily for5 a break in rain to allow tent construction in relative calm.
So not much to report with the trail snaking its way through commercial forestry country. I got the bejesus scared out of me around lunchtime when a low flying military fighter jet roared directly overhead in the cloud at only about 200 feet. Its another 20 or so miles tomorrow before we hit Snoqualamie Pass for a much awaited nero.....Weta

No comments:

Post a Comment