Saturday 3 September 2016

Day 135 - A Nero in Snoqualmie Pass

Mile 2388.4 to Snoqualmie Pass - 2.2 miles. Distance from Mexico - 2390.6 miles

I awoke to a sodden everything this morning after a night of intermittent rain. That wasn't the problem though - it was the condensation in my single wall Six Moons tent from all my wet gear. I'm lucky that my One Planet sleeping bag is damn good so I was at least warm. I jammed it all in to my pack & was in Snoqualmie Pass by 9.00 pm. It's a ski resort that has all the services including the Summit Inn which was base for the day. The skifield was laid bare without snow
The resort sits next to the busy Interstate 90 but in the walk up to the Inn I got this neat shot of the angry clouds about
The surrounding peaks of the Cascade Mountains were also moody with clouds swirling around
The rest of the day has been spent trying to dry out gear, sorting my resupply through until Stevens Pass & cleaning body/clothes etc.
With about 260 miles left its starting to feel a bit surreal that I actually might get there. It will be interesting to see what emotions I will grapple with as the border approaches....but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves....Weta

2 comments:

  1. keep having fun out there mate as you near the end. Hope weather improves for you. Whats youre plans when you reach Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have arrived in Stevens Pass.....and it's raining. From Canada it's a bit loose but some hiking in Olympic Mountains & then a drift south through the National Parks from Glacier National downwards...

    ReplyDelete