Wednesday 3 August 2016

Day 103 & 104 - Double Zero in Ashland

And did I need it!!!
It's been a good two days in what is a very swanky place - leafy streets, funky shops, impressive houses, affluent looking
With lots of parks as well it really could be in New Zealand as a combination of all sorts of places. It's popular with tourists & I can see why with its neat little bars & restaurants.
I also got the opportunity to go to nearby Medford which is bigger & a bit like a North Shore suburb with its big box retail & lots of development.
I've used the time well with repairing some gear, updating the blog, preparing for Oregon etc. The feet could do with more time but how long would that be??
I've also sorted my Canada entry permit as the end draws closer. We had the bad news today that a fire near Crater Lake may render the trail impassable at that point. I'll hope for the best as it's one of the highlights of the trail.
Between here & Canada there are not a great many towns so blog updating may be sporadic. I have also not sent re supply boxes as most have done as I will hope to find grocery options as I go.
Hopefully after a quick hitch in the morning, it's back on the trail until Crater Lake...Weta

No comments:

Post a Comment