Monday 1 August 2016

Day 96 - The PCT Goes All Weird

Mile 1534.2 to Mile 1562.4 - 28.2 miles

Oregon is north of California. That seemed the plan for the first few miles today. Then the PCT did what it does best....it went all weird. We spent the entire day going west.....and south. There were some mountains I had seen in the distance yesterday to the south which I was now camped next to!!! I know we are now in the heart of the Trinity Alps but this is crazy. I'm probably south of where I was two days ago. The logic?? Not sure....land ownership, psychological resistance testing, avoiding hot dry valleys, linking water sources, evil trail designers....who knows?? But the day was spent.....looking at the trail ahead
......looking at the trail passing through volcanic rubble
....looking for the next heaven spent spring on devilishly hot days
28.2 miles of foot tenderising conditions but I had good company with Poppy - an English ex pat living in San Francisco - who is a top bloke & good to pass the time of day with. I also spent time talking to a German girl at a spring who had been in NZ recently & waxed lyrical. Tomorrow....south then west & finally...north!!!....Weta

No comments:

Post a Comment