Wednesday 6 July 2016

Day 75 & 76 - A Nero & Zero in South Lake Tahoe

Mile 1087.3 to Echo Summit - 3.5 miles. Distance from Mexico 1090.8 miles.

It was a short run down to the highway where I waited 40 minutes for a hitch. Actually it took two hitches to get to town. The guy stopped to get some trade supplies. I walked 200 metres down the road to get picked up.....by the same guy!!! That's a new one for me.
The meeting point was Dennys for breakfast
 While there I got a $49 room at Motel 6 for two nights. So I've spent the last two days fixing my hiking poles, shoes, sleeping mat etc. Have sorted a resupply, laundry etc amongst other jobs. The traffic leaving Tahoe was massive after the long weekend. Like other places South Lake Tahoe is well spread out but has good services. It's hard to see where the 25000 or so people live as like other towns it is covered with mature pine trees.
It looks like the group I am with will not all leave at once with Tiptoe & I hitching out first thing in the morning. It's just over 100 miles to the next resupply at Sierra City. Until then.....Weta

No comments:

Post a Comment