Saturday 9 July 2016

Day 78 - Taking Care of Business

Mile 1113.3 to Mile 1137.6 - 24.3 miles

I've set some tough mile targets on this stretch so where possible I have eked out more miles to lessen the load in coming days....job done.
The morning was relatively quiet until I chanced upon a 4WD club with 20 vehicles crossing my path....all Jeeps & not a Toyota Landcruiser or Range River in sight.
A bit later on at Barkers Pass I found these guys chewing on the local greenery
Apparently there was no room for my pack!!!
We have been sharing the PCT with the Tahoe Rim Trail which has meant a lot more hiker traffic but the views of Lake Tahoe make for a great lunch stop
After a meaty climb to get on to a ridge the flowers returned to be even more impressive

We stayed high at 8000 feet on this ridge for almost the rest of the afternoon skirting around big granite bluffs. After passing a skifield we dropped down to a campsite that was bug free.....yay!!! Once again I've been trucking solo all day & only saw 4 other PCT hikers.....all unfamiliar faces....Weta

No comments:

Post a Comment